Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm in love....

....with his voice!

Subhan'Allah, every Ramadan I'll attend a masjid for Tarawih or Qiyam ul Layl and some brother at one of the many masjids I attend will have the most amazing voice, and I will fall in love.

I was at a Qiyam the other night and this happened.

I don't know if I'm the only one that goes through this. But I literally fall in love with the voice, it brings peace to me (of course that's because its the words of Allah recited so nicely) and I can't get the voice out of my mind. I even go so far as to try to find out who the brother is (and of course if he's single)....however I think I'm so old that every time this happens the brother is younger than me....this one was 19.

Sigh

3 comments:

Zara A said...

Masha'Allah thats amazing! It must be a heck of a good voice. Something similar happened to me but this person was wayy older than me. But I second that, age is just a number. Your probably young too!

hijaabified.beauty said...

Define young. SubhanAllah I look young, but I'm not really. But than I guess that depends on who you ask. I'm going to be 25 really soon (hence my reference to my expiration date).

RedBerries said...

I can't even express in words how much I relate to this. I wasa even going to do a post on the whole issue.

I'm part of this community team that has people scattered all over the country...and once in a while I had to ring this brother to sort out certain issues etc, so basically our conversations were all work related. I never saw him, never met him, never saw a picture of him. But just the way he said Salaam made me melt. I learnt (much much much much later on) that he was a Hafiz, and quite a knowledgeable guy...and dude, even though now he's left that organisation (so I have no reason to speak to him again), his voice sA stays with me.